Here were some later summer blooms. A cabbage and more carrots. I picked these in preparation to make an amazing stew using some fresh ducks that Mark proudly brought home on Tuesday. I have more pictures of cooking from our very own garden and hope to find them soon. Moving to a new computer and transferring pictures from two other computers makes for a big jumble of 5 years worth of photos! I just had to share our successes in the garden because they made me so happy each time I went out to pick!
Monday, September 7, 2009
Our Garden
We hopped for a nice Alaskan summer and for the most part it came true. Along with that hope we planted a few garden items to see how they would take to our sunny backyard and it turned out wonderful! We had peas and really tasty lettuce for about 2 months (pictured below)
Fun flowers growing out on the deck. When my sister Michelle moved to Saudi Arabia she gave me these candle holders from her wedding. With a piece of trash bag to hold in some dirt and a little direction I was able to get several different varieties of small flowers to grow out of them.
This is our red, white, and blue patriotic basket.
This one is one of my favorites. It is an old tool box transformed into flower heaven.

Here were some later summer blooms. A cabbage and more carrots. I picked these in preparation to make an amazing stew using some fresh ducks that Mark proudly brought home on Tuesday. I have more pictures of cooking from our very own garden and hope to find them soon. Moving to a new computer and transferring pictures from two other computers makes for a big jumble of 5 years worth of photos! I just had to share our successes in the garden because they made me so happy each time I went out to pick!
Here were some later summer blooms. A cabbage and more carrots. I picked these in preparation to make an amazing stew using some fresh ducks that Mark proudly brought home on Tuesday. I have more pictures of cooking from our very own garden and hope to find them soon. Moving to a new computer and transferring pictures from two other computers makes for a big jumble of 5 years worth of photos! I just had to share our successes in the garden because they made me so happy each time I went out to pick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so amazing Lauren! The flowers in their unique baskets are gorgeous and your garden really did well. I love the updates.
WOW! I think I might try to grow something edible next year. Flowers are gorgeous, but I don't know if I'm motivated enough! Fresh tomatoes though...mmm...I think I could be motivated for that. :) Nice work, woman!
Post a Comment