Monday, September 28, 2009
Couches!
Over Labor Day weekend I took Mark along to look at reclining couches. We have a living room downstairs but it had no furniture in it because normal couches do not fit down the stairs, through the narrow door, and around the corner. Well, the salesmen sold us on some reclining sofas because the backs "pop off "and then it would fit down the stairs! We shopped at several stores and found our first choice to be the best deal, a set of three reclining sofas (sofa, love seat, and rocking recliner). Even though we went in for one couch we ended up coming out with 3!
Mark borrowed Dad's truck the following weekend and picked up our couches. Our home teacher was nice enough to come over and help Mark unload them. The first one was a breeze because it is small, was going upstairs (via the big back sliding door), and the whole back came off. Here it is upstairs. We gave away a 20 year old couch and rearranged the room. Now the t.v. is downstairs in the comfy den, waiting for the sofa! We also were able to return our hutch to the living room since we removed a couch and the t.v. and we love our "new" living room!
The small recliner was also easy to get down the stairs once the back was off. Last, but certainly not least, was the couch and it was a beast! Turns out that the two outside backs come off because they are recliners but the middle does not pop off as the salesman said. After about 30 grueling minutes of trying to get it down the hallway, there was sweat rolling, they had taken the front door off its hinges, removed the hand railing, and scraped a lot of plaster off the wall and.... it still didn't fit! I called our trusty salesman to see what we could do. He really thought they all came off and put me on hold for about 10 minutes. When he finally came back on he said that he had flipped over the model couch and found that to remove the middle seat you had to unscrew all the railings on the bottom. This really didn't seem like an option but it got us looking a little bit closer. Then we discovered the 8 magic bolts that released the middle armless chair. Tada!!! 3 minutes later it fit nicely down the stairs. 2 more minutes reattaching the bolts and we were in business.
We love this couch and our cozy Alaska room. I look forward to decorating it a little more with all of our fun Alaskan photographs and memorabilia. The big bear doesn't seem so huge with a couch covering it and the t.v. fits in much better downstairs where it won't get so much attention from visitors. So if you cannot tell I am nesting in preparation of our baby ( and loving it)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
CUTE couches! And a very CUTE girl with BEAUTIFUL brown hair and an ADORABLE baby bump. :) I miss you, L!!!! Mia is funny. Butterscotch did the same thing every time I tried to take a picture of my baby bump. :)
Lauren! You are looking sooo cute with your baby bump!! I am so excited for you! I am sad that I won't be here in January to meet baby boy :( I hope your doing well. You look great!
What an ordeal with those couches. Glad you got them all in. You are looking adorable by the way. Can't wait to see what your little guy looks like. P.S. Great minds do think alike!
Post a Comment