Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And the verdict is in......

Mark and I went to the doctor this morning and had another ultrasound and this is the result!  A healthy and active baby boy. He wouldn't stop moving to get too many good shots but there was no doubt about his gender!  We are really excited.  We really didn't have a preference boy or girl but simply are happy to know.  Now the hunt for the perfect name begins.  I only had girl names that I loved so those have to be filed away and a boy names will be swimming through our minds for the next 4 1/2 months.

I finally told my students that I was pregnant today.  I decided I couldn't really hide it much longer and the rumor mill had begun to turn, so it was time.  After my appointment I brought them to the carpet and let them know.  There was a wide range of responses such as; " Oh my goodness, Really!" and "  I knew it" and " I told you she didn't look like that last year."  I had them guess if it was a boy or girl and when I announced BOY you probably could have heard them cheer on the other side of the school. 

Then they began to give some great ideas for names Waldo, Sponge Bob, and their names of course.  I told them I would let them suggest names later but that I was by no means required to use any name they suggested since I would have to live with this child and not them.  They seemed really excited for me and I'm glad they know!

6 comments:

Sue said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Now we'll both have boys and they'll be less than a year apart. I'm soooooo excited for you! I think you should go with Sponge Bob. It has a dignified ring to it. :)

Ryanne said...

Connor announced the news to Reggie and Senneca and he wants you to name your baby Troy. That is his all-time favorite boy name in honor of Zac Efron on HSM. I guess Jocelyn is going to be boy-trapped now:)

Lindsay said...

A boy!! How fun!! Congratulations, Lauren!!

The Ivey Family said...

Congrats you guys!! Boys are Awsome!!

Doug and Bethany said...

Yay! Congratulations you guys! Little boys are so sweet and so much fun! Hope everything is going well!

SERAPH said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am SO excited for you. Little boys are awesome! love you!