It seems more real everyday that we are going to have a little one in less than 3 months! My body is sure feeling the stress with multiple bloody noses and pulling the muscles in my chest around my sternum from a single sneeze. Who knew a sneeze could be so debilitating. A week and a half later I am still in pain, especially when I need to sneeze again. Oh, but they tell me it's all worth it and I believe them. Had a doctors appointment today and everything is looking good. Now I just have to survive 2 1/2 more months of teaching and planning and grading....life is wonderful!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
What do you get with a baby on the way, a white-walled empty room, and your husband home from business trips for more than a 2 day weekend.... Decorating a nursery( at least painting)! This is what it looked like as I put the tape around the edges.
We piled the few baby things we have accumulated in the corner. After moving and rearranging them 2 times we decided to move them all out into the living room. That made for a crazy living room for 3 or 4 days but it was much easier than having to maneuver around with dripping paint brushes.
And here is the final color. Sometimes it looks a little more green and other times more blue but it is very calming. I realized I really enjoy having Mark to help paint because he has more arm strength and doesn't seem to take as many layers. I have done all the other painting in the house while Mark is out of town so this was a nice change. I got to do all the edges while he did the middle work.
Then came a choice of curtains because even with new energy efficient windows we still need all the heat conservation we can get in out 40 year old house. After a search with Mom all day Saturday and no luck finding curtains, I found these shower curtains I loved at Target. Unfortunately, they were out of stock and I just got to look at the example hanging in the aisle. Luckily, Target has opened close by now so I stopped by on my way to Mom and Dad's on Tuesday and they had gotten them in. But, being pregnant and indecisive I couldn't decide so I bought both. Mark helped me decide which one was better and the verdict is....
The trees, squirrels, and owls! For some reason I really like owls right now. We love the bright colors and thought the trees looked more childlike than the stripes. I love going in the room and sitting, it gets me excited. My parents gave me a great baby dresser they have had for 30+ years and the yellow also looks nice with the curtains and wall color.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love the wall color and the new curtains! P.S. We bought the ABC & 123 crib bedding. :)
I love it! Good choices.
It looks great. How fun and exciting. We find out the gender on Monday.
So cute! I love it! I'm excited to meet your little one in a couple months- and I'm excited for you to meet mine very soon! :)
Holy cow! I am so behind on your life!! 1st, congrats on expecting your little boy!!! Boys are so much fun and you are going to be the best mom! 2nd, I absolutely love your curtains. They are awesome. It seems like life is going great for you in Alaska. I sure miss running into you. Congratulations on such a happy life! :)
Post a Comment