Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hunter's Birthday Part 2

On Sunday evening we had an extended family birthday party for Hunter. This meant both Grandparents and the missionaries.
 I made Hunter a carrot cake and decided last minute that I needed to decorate it. Not that he knows what's going on now but when he looks back I wanted it to be somewhat festive. He hasn't really latched on to any characters yet so I decided just to go with the big ONE.
 At Grandma and Grandpa Slocombe's house. Looking out the window, waiting for the other party guests to arrive.
 Letting us know that Grandpa and Grandma Hamm had arrived.
 He practiced walking with Dad for a while and even kept his party hat on.

 Then it was time to play with the dragon and balls for a while- until dinner was ready.
 Grandma and Grandpa Hamm all ready for the birthday song and cake.
 Hunter thought Mark was pretty silly with the hat on his face.
 We let him dig into the whole cake with his hand at first (after the candle was blown out) and he thought that was pretty fun.
 He loved getting his own piece even more. The frosting was everywhere and he gobbled the cake down fast.
 Grandma and Grandpa Slocombe with the birthday boy, aka the danger zone with those blue hands.

 I got a little too close and got blue frosting smeared across my nose and face.
 Some milk to wash it all down, a good face and hand cleaning, and it was time for presents.
 I'm READY!!
An Old McDonald Farm tractor from the Hamm's and a helicopter with balls and buttons from the Slocombe's.  He loved all the fun new toys and wasn't really interested in our present, play food for his kitchen, but that is because it doesn't light up and make music. His big present was ski attachment for his Chariot stroller. He can now go skiing with the family and be all bundled up in his throne. 

Hunter truely entertained us all night with his antics and is becoming quite the charmer.  We love our little guy and are excited for the many adventures ahead!

3 comments:

Ryanne said...

I'm glad he had such a fun bday! The cake looks fabulous; great pictures.

Ashley Gower said...

You did an awesome job on the cake Lauren! Hunter looks so cute and I can't believe how big he is now!

Allie said...

What a sweet little boy you have! I'm excited to have your blog address. Hope all is well with you and your family