Monday, January 10, 2011

Hunter's first Christmas

I know I am a bit behind but it is because of Internet issues. 
Hunter's first Christmas was wonderful.  I don't know if you could ask for much more than both sets of grandparents, mom and dad, and one baby to love.
 Started out with a morning bottle before opening up stockings. Hunter loved the tree the entire time it was up and it was even better with wrapped gifts under it now!

 Opening his first present in his stocking. 
 An electronic Tigger toothbrush. He always wants to share our big electronic toothbrush so Santa knew he would like one of his own. 
 Then for a water bottle just like mom's which he always likes to borrow. Now he has one for himself.  We could have stopped right there and he would have been more than happy.  You can tell by the pictures that he knew exactly what those two things are used for. 
 Mark got me new socks ( which I always need a  new pairs of this time of year). Strangely the pair that I put on matched Mark's sweater?!?
 Grandma and Grandpa Hamm came over bringing amazing cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Along with my egg casserole and Grandma Slocombe's wassel we had a perfect Christmas breakfast feast.

 Hunter really liked the bear on this bag, look at that grin!

He was very excited to open up the clothes from Aunt Megan's family, as well as Aunt Heather's family.  Aunt Megan and Aunt Mary as well as Grandma Hamm also gave him First Christmas ornaments that will be treasured for years. Sadly I now realize that I packed them all away without pictures so we will wait for next year. 

We changed him out of his jammies into the knitted one piece suit from Aunt Megan.  He played with the clothes as long as he played with his toys. 
Surrounded by the pieces of the laugh and learn toy from Grandma and Grandpa Hamm.  He loves playing with the toy but the big box(shown in the background) has also been a huge hit and is played with daily. 
 
To finish things off, reading a book with Grandma Hamm.  It was time for a nap after all the excitement. 
Mark got a muzzle-loader gun, new shoes, and Swix ski pants.  I got a new fleece coat, a new diaper bag (from Hunter), and a surprise iPad from Mark, he really spoiled me. Grandma and Grandpa Slocombe got me a sewing machine.  It was an obvious sign that Grandma wanted me to return hers and I am already putting it to good use. Hamm Grandparents got us a meet grinder for Mark's many kills. Once again an obvious sign that they were ready for us to stop borrowing theirs. I think there was a common theme going there and we love them for being so generous and letting us borrow things!

We feel grateful to be surrounded by family that love us and love our little guy and miss our family that is far away.  We are grateful for Jesus Christ's birth, his mission, and his death and love that we get to celebrate this occasion with Him in mind.

1 comment:

Ryanne said...

Its never too late for a Christmas post. I loved reading about your Christmas and how wonderful it was. I can't believe Hunter is going to be 1!