Mark had a conference in Las Vegas so obviously Hunter and I went along for the ride! We had a great time walking around each night in the wonderful 60-70 degree weather (it snowed here in AK this week).
We watched the Bellagio fountains numerous times, and walked the entire strip in the few nights that we had.This was part of Hunter's Halloween costume, his bow and arrow, he was a Hunter for Halloween, naturally. Notice the arrow stuck to the marble ball in the background, good shot! ( It was actually placed there by mom but he thought it was fun).
Hunter was the hit of the strip. People stopped us everywhere. First of all he is cute, those cheeks cannot be resisted, but then he backs it up with personality. He smiles at them and grunts and babbles. People would point at him and smile from the other side of the room. He was so much fun to travel, swim, shop, and explore with.
The gardens at the Bellagio were set up for fall. There were huge pumpkins, glass leaves hanging, and cool things made out of wood and branches. I went twice, once with Megan during the day and once with Mark at night, and it was even cooler looking at night with all the spotlights.
This was a Statue of Liberty made out of Jelly Beans, pretty impressive.
We ate a ton of good (and okay) food. I don't want to eat out again for a long time after this trip. But, here we are at Serendipity 3 with the Frozen Hot Chocolate. Mark and I thought it was okay, but Hunter loved it!Mark skipped out on his conference lunch one day and met Hunter and I at the pool. It wasn't HOT but it was just right for us Alaskans who had a very rainy summer. The water was warm and as long as you stayed in the sun it was nice. Hunter and I swam every day we were at Caesars Palace, cousin Sean and Aunt Megan even joined us one day!
We also spent a lot of time down at the large fish tank in the Forum Shops. Hunter loved watching the fish swim by and would squeal with delight. He got a lot of attention because once again people couldn't resist this smiling boy.
I am competing in a Biggest Loser Competition with my family and luckily for me Las Vegas is a place where you can do a lot of walking so I wasn't doomed. It was so much fun to have time as a family and to visit family (more to come). Also, a great way to spend a few days before the long dark days of Alaska winter.
2 comments:
So glad to hear about your trip. It sounds like it was so fun. And you are looking terrific!
Way cute! He's getting so big. You guys look great (and looks like you had a lot of fun!)
Post a Comment