Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Hoover Dam

The Hoover Dam made for a nice little stop as we crossed from AZ into Nevada.
 We stopped to look at the Hoover Dam on the way back from the Grand Canyon.  They have built an amazing suspension bridge across from the dam so you no longer drive over the dam to get from Nevada to Arizona ( or vice versa).  It is a good view of the dam if you park at the bridge and walk across. Don't even think about seeing the dam as you drive over, the sides of the bridge make that impossible. You could drive over and never know you had just passed anything below.
 8oo feet above the river it is a bit scary to look down. 
 Then driving over the dam you get a great view of the bridge. There is so much concrete holding that thing up. The dam is no longer used as a highway, just a place to look around from.
 We turned back around on the AZ side and saw this guy up on the rocks. It was a nice little stop to stretch our legs. I was surprised how close the dam was to Las Vegas. With all the times I had been there to visit my sister and I'd never seen it, and now I can cross that one off my list.


3 comments:

Ryanne said...

Is that your new family picture? I love it, you all look so good. The Hoover Dam looks really interesting, we'll have to add that to our to-do list.

Michelle S.J. said...

love, Love, LOVE your new family picture!

Sue said...

Love the family picture on your banner! Very very cute!