Well I was 2 cm but nothing to worry about. Well, about 11:30 I was in the computer lab with my students and I started having contractions. I figured they were just false labor because I had been checked but they didn't quite feel like anything I had felt previously. I took the kids back to class and taught math but decided to do it from a sitting position as the contractions continued. Next was lunch and I just took it easy. Luckily, following lunch I had arranged for the district reading specialist to teach a lesson and she took over the class for 45 minutes and I went into organization mode. If this was going to be my last day at school I needed to get my desk/books/ grade book/etc. ready for my substitute. I had done all the big preparations but figured I had several days to finish up all the little details. Then the kids went to Art for an hour and I continued counting contractions and organizing. They were around 7-8 minutes apart. After school I had a celebration with my Spelling Bee students and was hurting more and more. I decided it was probably a good time to call Mark. After a few minutes of small talk I said " By the way I have been having contractions all morning." I think I threw him for a loop but it got him more prepared.
After work Grandpa Slocombe came over for me to do some sewing on his hockey jerseys and I just tried to make sure everything was in order for school and the hospital. Mark came home from YM/YW and we watched a show. All along the contractions coming 5-6 minutes apart. After barely being able to walk up the stairs after watching the show I decided that I would shower and we should go to the hospital. It was around 12:00 when we left. The ride to the hospital was surreal and we hoped we wouldn't be sent home.
We weren't! The contractions were strong and regular and we weren't going anywhere. I was dilated to 4-5cm. They didn't have room to move us to labor and delivery so they started my IV in the triage room and the wait began.
He came out very nice and pink. I couldn't believe how soft and warm he was. Mark cut the chord in a blurr and stayed close by me and baby. He did such a great job encouraging me along and letting me know how things were progressing. It was extremely tiring but very gratifying at the same time.
Hunter's first bath with nurse Kristen. He tolerated it but didn't love it.
Here are Mom and Hunter a few minutes after delivery. Very tired but very happy. Hunter has the goop on his eyes and was adjusting to life in the open.
Around noon, after a shower, we moved to our mother-baby room and lunch was delivered.

Hunter slept in the bassinet while Mom tried to catch some sleep as well.
Hunter slept in the bassinet while Mom tried to catch some sleep as well.
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad everything went so smoothly. He is adorable. Enjoy every minute because he'll grow up fast! P. S. I was gbs+ too.
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. Hope you are enjoying your new little one!
Wow, I made it into this post twice (once in the form of an outfit-glad it fits)! Yay for us-finally done, too bad it didn't happen after nursery. It was so fun to see the little guy in person last night, what a cute payoff. Congrats!
Adorable baby. I really enjoyed your post! What a happy time for you guys.
Yay! I loved your story! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly. He's so cute. Congratulations!
Post a Comment