Saturday, January 2, 2010

Merry Christmas

Mark and I had a wonderful Christmas at home in Alaska. It was slow paced and quiet but wonderful. Reflecting on the birth of Jesus had new meaning this year as we wait the arrival of our own baby boy. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Mark's parents here in Anchorage. On Christmas Eve we ate homemade Cafe Rio Salads, drove and looked at Christmas lights, ate Cajun Delight dessert, read the Christmas story from the Bible and played a board game. After the Hamm's went home I opened my Christmas Eve pajamas and it truly completed Christmas Eve for me.
Christmas morning we stayed home. I really wanted to sleep in but couldn't sleep past around 7:00. We got up and ate breakfast and opened stockings. After opening about 3 gifts each ( camo pants for Mark, speakers for my ipod, clothes) I got tired and took about a half hour nap. The nice thing about it was, that was OKAY, there was absolutely no rush. When I woke up we opened our bigger gifts for each other. Mark got a BlueRay player and he got me a nice camera. (The picture at the top was me practicing with my new camera in low light- baby Jesus in our Christmas tree) After all the presents were opened we slowly read through instruction manuals and got ready for the afternoon. Around noon we went over to the Hamm's house for lunch.

When we got there this moose had been hanging out in their yard all morning. It was a good opportunity to take a few pictures with the camera we had brought along.

Once Mia saw him move she was very curious. She looked out the window for quite some time wanting to go investigate Mr. Moose. We ate Crab Legs and enjoyed a nice relaxing afternoon. I even snuck in another nap somewhere in the day. We talked with family, went out and brushed the snow and ice off of Bill's plane, and took a walk. Just a wonderful Christmas day!
My sister Megan sent us this adorable ornament. I know it will bring great memories of the last Christmas Mark and I spent alone for a long long time. Starting next year Christmas may begin to be a bit more active. We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Sam and Carmin said...

Oh, Christmas Day will be more active for sure. But the main difference you will notice will be all the days leading up to Christmas Day--and keeping Baby Hunter out of the tree/lights/decorations! I love the ornament! And I can relate with having a January baby--the Christmas story becomes so much more meaningful!