This year, as in many other years, our New Year's Eve was spent with these blocks below.
A good ol' game of Chicken Feet was played with Mom and Dad Slocombe. (We spent Christmas with the Hamms while the Slocombes were in California and New Years with the Slocombes while the Hamms were in Utah ) For those of you who usually are involved in the Domino games Mom did not win! Mark was slow and steady and won the game (much to Mom's chagrin). Dad had one bad hand early in the game and was never able to recover. He even won several games, adding nothing to his score, but ended in last place. I had nothing spectacular and barely eeked out a 3rd place. We had our New Years at 11:00 and called it a night. I think the molten chocolate cakes I had made for dessert (which were delicious )and the sparkling cider made us all have a sugar crash and we were ready for sleep.
Happy New Years! We hope you had a great one.
The Christmas decorations have come down and the furniture is all back in place. The craft supplies are being packed away and the alarm clock is being set. Sadly, I return back to work tomorrow after a wonderfully relaxing 2 week Winter Break. If all works out it is only for 2 weeks and then I will be on maternity leave. Wow, this is going to be one busy year! I've tried to catch up with some posts because there will most likely be a lack of posting until the baby comes, but oh what a post that will be :)
Happy New Years! We hope you had a great one.
4 comments:
I love your new camera! Mia looks really cute in the pictures you took with it. And the ornament M got you, very cute. Hope you had a good first day back.
I wish we lived closer. We love to play dominoes. Looks like you had a great Christmas and New Years. We will be awating word on the new baby.
Happy New Years Mark and Lauren! I had fun looking at your posts today! Good luck with the next few weeks and the coming of your baby boy!
I love the picture of your cat in the tree, that is so classic.
First of all, holy moly! You were crafting up a storm! When I was where you are I wanted to lay on the couch all day! Nice work! I might have to steal a couple of your ideas- they are all adorable. I'm excited for your next post!! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment