If this is how most of his summers growing up will be spent, we might as well teach him young. He is obsessed with fishing poles already.
My parents bought an older motor home this summer and while my mom was away we got to try it out with Dad.
This meant a trip to the Russian River where the red salmon were running but they were sure hard to catch.
Hunter and I found plenty to do on the banks. Luckily we only saw one black bear which was not enough to get me on edge. We took Hunter to the Russian last year as well, my how he has changed.
Russian River 2010 before he could run and chuck rocks.
It was a bit rainy but we still spent most of our time outside finding fun things to do.
Like riding in the Bob on Grandpa's bike. Precious Cargo!
Above all, Hunter's favorite thing to do was play in the front seat of the motor home. I think he felt like he was in command and on top of the world.
I warned Grandpa that before we left he needed to check everything since I think Hunter tested out just about every button on the dash, and there are a lot of them!
When Grandma and Grandpa went to check this motor home out they happened to be watching Hunter for the evening. The next night when my dad called to negotiate an offer the seller was reluctant and then said " Oh, since Hunter's cheeks were so dang cute I'll give it to you for that." Since he was part of the negotiations I think he feels he has part ownership.
The windows are so big in the motor home and go really low so when we were driving Hunter could see everything. He talked Grandpa's ear off the whole way (2 hours) and pointed at everything in excitement.
" Hey where did my hat go?"
Pure Joy. Thanks for inviting us along Grandpa!
1 comment:
I've loved your many catch-up posts! I can't believe how big Hunter is getting. He and Reine really need to play more. Thanks again for watching her the other day!
Post a Comment