With this project on Homemade by Jill as inspiration, I made Mark a Soda Pop crate for Father's Day.
Fred Myers has a great selection of different bottled sodas to choose from. With the theme " You're the best Pop" we got started. Some weird (Looks like Orange, tastes like Grape), some good, and some too strong to even enjoy (Jamaican Ginger Beer has got a lot of kick) Mark enjoyed having a new soda to try for the week-or-so following Father's Day.
Kickapoo Joy Juice was one I chose just for the name!
The label sheet was made on power point and was the best part for me. I got to connect each soda with Mark, most were a big stretch but he got a kick out of it.
Next came Mark's birthday. Earlier in the month Mark bought himself a new hiking/hunting backpack that cost a pretty penny. This counted as Father's day as well as birthday gift so that is where some inexpensive yet thoughtful projects came into play.
A family dinner including Grandparents and Mark's sister from Utah and her family.
Mark's parents were in charge of making the homemade raspberry ice cream that was hand cranked on the porch after dinner, it was delicious.
Hunter, of coarse, loved the ice cream.
I also got this birthday wall idea from Homemade by Jill (link above). Mark doesn't do the whole facebook thing so I e-mailed our families and a few friends to send pictures holding signs that said happy birthday. It was awesome! Mark was so surprised and wanted it left up for over a month.
He told me that I had to take it down while he wasn't home because he wouldn't want to see his "shrine" go away.
I took all the pictures and turned them into a book to keep and look at, once I finally took them down.
Now the wall looks bare and empty, looks like I have a decorating project ahead of me.
Thanks to all the family and friends that helped us celebrate Mark's 29th, next year the big 30!!
2 comments:
That turned out so cute! I'm glad Mark liked it and had a good father's day and bday. I want some of that rasberry icecream now!
That turned out great! your such a great wife
Post a Comment