Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving

We have so much to be thankful for, especially this year as Hunter has joined our family. We had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Hamm's house. Grandpa Slocombe also came to dinner (Grandma was off visiting cousins) and the Bloomfield family. The food was delicious, as always, and the company was great.
 This is Hunter's " I'm ready to eat NOW" face.  He gets very serious when it comes to food. He wants it right away when you put him in the chair. This was round one for him.

 Taking a break from eating to hang out with Dad.
 I'm stuffed was an appropriate shirt for Hunter. He ate just about as much as the adults, more than some in a few cases.  Granpa Slocombe says he needs to wear it everyday because of the way he devours food.
 A little after dinner cocktail.
 I am so thankful to be able to stay home with this little guy. He is a true lesson in LOVE, patience, and happiness.
I am grateful that Mark works so hard so I can be home and we can still live comfortably.
I am grateful for nap times when I can get something done.
I am thankful for family around that love him so much and are helping to raise and teach him.
I am grateful for workout videos that make it so I can workout without leaving the house,since nap time is about the only time to fit it in.
I am thankful for my testimony.  I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus live and that they are aware of me and our family.
I am thankful for my talents and hobbies because they keep me busy and happy.
I am grateful to have a little more time to make friends with other moms.
I am thankful to work with the children in primary. I truly love teaching them and getting to know them.
And the list could go on but I will end with this...
 I am thankful for this time of year where we get to reflect and celebrate!
 What you lookin' at?
 We came home to 4-5 inches of snow. We bundled Hunter up in his new snowsuit and decided to check it out.
 He wasn't so sure about it, but didn't complain.

Even gave us a few smiles. It truly was a Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Ryanne said...

Your Thanksgiving looked great. The table settings were pretty. You look so good and I Love Hunter's shirt!