A few months ago I bought a Groupon for a trip to Auntie Anne's Pretzels. I was not sure of what it would include but was excited none the less. We invited a few friends to go along and join us since the Groupon said a group of 10.
It started with the "History of the Pretzel" along with colorful pictures. The kids were all very interested in participating in the story by holding up their card. Then they reviewed each of the jobs at the store.
Followed by some pretzel samples, a big hit!
Then we had this huge bowl of dough to practice with. It was so beautiful I got sad to see it all wasted, but it was sure fun.
Roll into a long snake, make a smiley face, twist 2x, and push the feet in.
Some turned out better than others :)
Then it was time to try it out for real.
Step 1: wash your hands and put on gloves
Step 2: Construct your Pretzel
Step 3: Choose Cinnamon & sugar or Salty and Bake
Step 4: Enjoy your awesome creation fresh out of the oven.
I would do this again in a heartbeat!
It also included an at-home kit for making a batch of pretzels. We did this for FHE the following week. The story of the first pretzel dates back to a priest who would make pretzels that looked like folded arms to reward children for their prayers. Easy application to saying our prayers. I was so impressed as Hunter taught Mark exactly how to make a pretzel like they taught us. Success!
No comments:
Post a Comment