Hunter and I set out early one morning to get all our errands done before nap time. Our second stop was JcPenny's because they were having a major sale on curtains and I wanted some. Well, I forgot that most Alaskan stores don't open till around 10 and we had to wait.
There is a enclosed bridge that leads from the parking garage to the JcPenny store where we had to wait about 20 minutes before they opened. It wasn't worth it to me to get back in the car and pay for parking so we waited. I let Hunter out of the stroller and he was having a great time running around and pushing buttons on the elevator and handicap door...
UNTIL
I was leaning up against the railing watching him and he decided to come over and try to lean with his back against the railing like me. Well, he tripped and did a face plant into the baseboard heater that runs along the whole bridge. He was so upset that even a pacifier didn't calm him down for a while. That is when I knew he was hurt and pulled him back to look at the damage. It was already bruised and had a large bump beside his eye. I felt awful.
I had actually been thinking moments before it happened that he was looking so cute in his polo I could go and get his picture taken while I was at JcPenny-- good thing that isn't what we were there for because the pictures would have been of a grumpy boy with a black eye.
Luckily it was time to go in and the lady in the curtain department got me an ice pack. He had calmed down and was enjoying some fruit snacks so I thought I would get the curtains anyways. He let me put the ice pack on for about 1 second intervals but didn't seem too bothered by the bruise or bump. He would occasionally touch it and say oww.
Here is morning 2. The bruise started spreading more onto his eyelid. Sorry for the weird photos, I was trying to get him with his eye closed.
It got more black as the days went on but it didn't seem to bother him too much. It did get lots of attention from people at church and the sample ladies at Costco!
Don't let this picture deceive you, he was pouting about having to get a diaper change and not the big black eye.
I just had to add this cute picture to make up for all the awkward ones above. Hunter likes to sneak off and lounge in the rocking chair in his room. This time Pooh Bear joined him and I heard Hunter talking to him so I snuck in for a photo. I love this little guy and am glad that 3 weeks later his eye finally doesn't have a bruise on it!
1 comment:
Just glad the black eye was self inflicted and had nothing to do with my boys play with/teaching him anything.
I love those sweet moments when they are self entertaining. Not just b/c they aren't under my feet but b/c they are so stinkin' cute.
Post a Comment