We did it, we completed the triathlon on Saturday and are already making plans for next year. It was a great experience and nice to get away for the weekend.
Here is Hunter the night before the race. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Seward. We drove down after work on Friday night. We brought along Hunter's Bumbo chair (along with at least 3 other bags for him!)because he loves to be sitting up and looking around.

Getting ready to go out to dinner.

This is the view from our window on Saturday morning. The sun was shining but it was still a bit chilly because of a slight breeze. Out hope was that by the 11:00 run start it would be a little warmer and it actually turned out to be quite nice.

Here's Dad and I after the swim part of the race. I got my best time ever with 17:20 and Dad swam his in 30 minutes which was unfortunately his worst time since beginning training. Something happened and he felt really stiff and he cut his finger on the lane rope, but still an awesome time!

We got a short break in between the swim and the run so we were able to go back to the hotel and change into our running clothes. I also took the opportunity to feed Hunter so I could relieve a little extra weight.
This is about 2.5 miles into the 3 mile run. I was tired but reached my goal of never walking. I did stop to give Hunter a kiss but I don't think that counts. At this point I happened to be running next to Emily Waters from my ward.

Dad was close behind and would have caught me if I hadn't done my sprint to the finish line.

Then I changed into my bike shoes, put on my helmet, got my gloves on and I was off. Here I am passing mom about 1/2 mile into the ride. Still smiling, I felt surprisingly good.

Here's Dad right behind me.

And here we are coming back together. We crossed the finish line at the same time. It was really awesome to be able to do this with my dad.

And here's the little guy. He was so good for Grandma. They enjoyed watching the race and going for a little walk in the sunshine. All smiles and ready for a 2 hour nap as we drove back to Anchorage.

Thanks Mom and Dad for doing this with me. I really appreciate your support and I had a great time with you dad. I'm excited for next year!
5 comments:
Nice job on the Sprint. This is something that I want to do soon. I am hoping to get a bike for Mothers Day. I ran in my first 5K in March. I am still trying to build up endurance for the running part.
Great Job Dad and Lauren! You look great Lauren. Hunter looks like Mark in the last picture.
Congrats! Your AWESOME!
Daaaang! Good job, Lauren!
Great Job! You are awesome! whoohoo way to go! Hunter is adorable, I love that you stopped to give him a kiss! great to see that your family is doing good!
Post a Comment