Mark and I went to Alyeska to go skiing for our anniversary. It was the most perfect day with blue skies and some actual warmth from the sun. I never knew what an amazing view you get from the slopes at Alyeska. I don't think there are many (if any) other ski resorts that ski down to sea level.

Riding the ski lift up.

Getting ready to go down. Down hill skiing is not my favorite thing to do but it was still fun. I felt like I got better as the day went on. That was until I took my boots off for a break and then had to put them back on. I didn't do so well that last run, half of each foot fell asleep. This made it hard for me to keep my balance but I made it to the bottom. Mark took a few more runs while I relaxed and returned my ski rentals.
Grandma and Grandpa Slocombe watched Hunter for the day and said they really enjoyed it. Grandpa took him on 2 walks and Grandma held him while she read a book. There were several feedings, diaper changes, play times on the floor, and naps in there too. Mark and I went out to dinner at a Chinese Buffet, not very romantic for an anniversary but we were starving after skiing and not eating much all day. The restaurant also has Crab Legs on the buffett so it is always a nice treat.
We are truly happy to be married and have a small family. It has been an exciting year having Hunter join our lives. We look forward to many more years of LIFE!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! Looks like a great time.
Post a Comment