Mark had training in NYC and I decided to tag along. The boys stayed back in AK with Grandma and Grandpa Slocombe.
While Mark went to class I had leisurely mornings so that I had enough energy for the afternoons and evenings exploring. We walked and took the Subway everywhere and thankfully had very mild weather for our adventures.
One morning I went and sat in the audience for the Live with Kelly and Michael show. It was a lot of fun to see how it all comes together but a lot of waiting around before it all starts.
We took the Subway to Brooklyn and walked back across the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan.
We visited the 9/11 Memorial. It was very touching and emotional to see all the names of those who died.
We walked over 5 miles every day as we explored.
Grand Central Station
New York Public Library (Hunter and Bennett love this book)
Lots of huge and fancy Christmas trees.
We met up with Zoila, a girl that Mark met and baptized in Spain. She and her boyfriend Antonio were visiting NYC for a few months.
I have to post this picture because it was the only picture the whole trip that Mark and I are in together. We ate dessert at the Cake Boss Bakery, it did not disappoint.
We at lots of good food.
Visited Wall Street
And went up to see the city at dusk from the Empire State Building.
We went to Wicked on Broadway and really enjoyed it. Mark and I knew almost nothing about the show but had great seats and both found it very entertaining.
We took a long walk through Central Park.
And ended up at the Metropolitan Museum for a lot more walking. We could have spent several days walking around and still not seen everything!
Our last day we made it out to the Statue and to Ellis Island.
It was a wonderful trip with lots of good memories. We were happy to return back to AK in time for last minute Christmas preparations. The kids barely missed us because they were having so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa, we might just have to make a yearly trip!
1 comment:
I finally just saw these. Can't believe how much you did and saw. Amazing without kids! Sounds really wonderful.
Post a Comment