Saturday, February 18, 2012

FHE

My nephew E* called me on the phone to talk.  He had a funny story about my Wii character on their Wii. His brother Z* was lining them up and my character apparently tripped and then crawled into place.  He thought it was important and needed to call and tell me and I am glad he did.

While on the phone with him I asked about the Lehi's Dream FHE that he put together for his family a few weeks ago. He explained it to me and I told him we too had been doing some fun Family Home Evenings and I would put up some pictures to show him. 

Hunter is getting old enough now to really participate in FHE. He is catching on quickly and loves the activities, stories, songs, and TREATS! 

So, here is David vs. Goliath.  Our bed sheet was beginning to tear around the corners to it was the perfect thing to use to create a GIANT!  We read the story in the children's scripture book and then had a go at Goliath with "rocks" (the balls in Hunters collection). 
 Hunter loved getting to throw the balls at Goliath and got even more excited when Dad took a turn and was able to hit it in the head just like in the story.  I read on one blog that Dad should be Goliath and then throw balls at him but I didn't think a 2 year old should be learning to throw balls to hit real people, especially in the head. 
 Goliath has been put away but Hunter still asks for him so I think this FHE thing is working.
 We had no bake cookies for dessert, they were the closest (and easiest) thing I could think of that looked like rocks, we called them Rock Cookies and they were yummy.

For Valentines Day we did LOVE AT HOME. 
 Hunter decorated the home while we talked about ways we can have Love at Home.  He wanted moose antlers, balloons, and cats in his home. 
 Mom, Dad, Hunter and Bennett in the window of the happy home.
Hunter loved the picture and continued to add to it for a few days. Happy FHE!  I think we need to do Lehi's Dream soon, E* gave me some good ideas so I should be set!

2 comments:

Ryanne said...

Its so fun that Hunter is so actively participating in FHE. Great activities and I loved how you renamed the treat. We used marshmallows and threw them at Reggie but I like your idea too :) Yours will be fun to pull out and remind Hunter of.

Lindsay said...

Wow, this is super inspiring! I can't believe Hunter really understands that much! This has motivated me to do things that Reine will actually get something out of. Nice work!