Sunday, October 10, 2010

Apple Picking

Hunter and I bundled up to go apple picking at a families house from our ward. It was a perfectly crisp October day and hopefully a fun tradition that we can continue in the years to come. They are baking apples, a little too tart for eating plain, and it made for some fun baking the last few weeks.
Hunter testing out the apples.

I made apple/carrot muffins (also with the carrots from our garden) that were great and a brown sugar apple pie. The rest of the apples are peeled and cored waiting in the freezer for another time.
And testing out the leaves, he LOVES to eat ( everything)!

I found this hat on clearance at Fred Myers a few weeks back and couldn't resist. With his plump cheeks and this hat I have a hard time not kissing him constantly. What am I saying?? that is all the time, I love him so much!

He is a good sport and happy whatever adventures I take him on and apple picking was no different. Next year I can see him climbing up the ladder instead of sitting content playing with grass and apples.

3 comments:

Ryanne said...

Love the hat! And I guess I never knew apples could make it in AK.

JDS said...

Very cute. I love the second picture!

Ben or Sarah said...

Great photography, very cute baby, and wish Elizabeth could play with him. It's is great to be a mom!