An overlook near the City of Homer. I was there for two weeks while auditing the city.
Lauren came down to visit while I was at Homer and we spent the weekend at our family cabin at Seldovia.
I put my Spanish cooking skills to the test and prepared a paella from clams and crabs we harvested from the beach. It tasted wonderful.
A view from the cabin deck.

We went on a few walks down the beach while we were there.
The end of an era.... When I came back from Homer, Lauren shaved off my beard. During the process we tried a few new looks. This is the 'western' look.
I spent two weeks in Yakutat auditing the Native Tribe. While there we spent as much time on the river as we did in the office, 40+ hrs a week! It has been a long winter and doing some of the first fishing of the season was therapeutic to say the least. The fishing was a little slower than we hoped for, but we did manage to land a number of beautiful steelhead. Below are two of four that I landed on the last night.



We went on a few walks down the beach while we were there.
The leaves on the trees have just started to come out, and spring has arrived to South-Central Alaska. It feels wonderful. We are excited to be here for the summer and have a number of fun trips planned. Last weekend we took our family's raft north to the Willow river and did a day float. It was wonderful to get out and we got the first sun burns of the year. After the winter we had forgotten to take sun screen along with us on a camping trip.
2 comments:
Lauren! I'm so happy to find you on here! Now we can stay in touch! Miss you!
Hammbone, the paella looks awesome. I'm glad you're out fishing as much as working.
Post a Comment