Monday, May 5, 2008

Sue's Wedding


Two weekends ago I slipped off to Utah for my best friend, Sue Dahle (Mcknight's), wedding. I only decided about 4 days before the big day that I could go. Mark was out of town for two weeks in Yakutat and I decided it would be a good opportunity for me to go and be a part of the big event. I am glad that I went. I took the red eye flight to Salt Lake on Thursday morning. I :got into SLC around 7:30, picked up my rental car, and headed down to Provo. After a quick shower it was off to race Sue around to get things ready for the reception. We got her dress, picked up some ribbon, got her hair done, and got her pizza for a quick lunch while she was getting her hair done. Then it was off to Nephi for the reception. Lot's of pictures and meeting people we didn't know. Sue looked gorgeous and her and Jimmy looked perfect together. I got to meet his family at the reception. His mom and dad were wonderful. I hit it off with his mom because we are both teachers. After yummy cake ( the same as at my wedding) it was back to Provo for some much needed sleep.
Friday was the big day. Sue and Jimmy were married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple. It was nice to be able to enter this temple for the first time. Much older and full of history than the Anchorage Temple, but amazingly has the exact same feeling and spirit. I enjoyed being there for their ceremony. Before pictures my job was to lace up Sue's many laces on the back of her dress. Believe me, this was NO easy task! But it was worth it, she looked beautiful and Jimmy was patient (he has 5 sisters, he is used to having to wait). Then it was out for pictures, pictures, pictures. Following the pictures there was a really nice luncheon in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. This was a time to eat and congratulate and embarrass the bride and groom with stories. It was a wonderful event and I am glad I could be a part of it!




I then drove back to Provo to pick up all my things from Kaneischa's apartment. Before leaving P "town" I visited with my friend and old roommate Seraph. It was really nice to just sit and chat. Time went by way too fast and before we knew it I had to leave to drive up to Logan. I miss Seraph and Kaneischa down in Provo, they really were great friends at college!

Once on the road I made the drive to Logan to visit my brother Reggie and his family, Ryanne, Senneca, and Connor. I arrived a little after midnight and we talked till after 2 in the morning. In the morning Senneca and Conner quietly snuck into my room 2 or 3 times to check if I was awake. I wasn't ready to face the daylight so I slept in until around 8 when I couldn't resist their laughter in the living room any longer. We had a great time playing in the backyard with balls, going to the zoo, and playing games. I really miss living close to them and was really happy to be able to spend two days in Logan. I also got to do a little shopping with Ryanne and get a Jamba Juice which fulfills a long standing craving. I went to church with them on Sunday before heading to the airport and flying home. I had such a wonderful time and am grateful for family! Mom was a sweetheart and picked me up at the airport around midnight (Mark was still in Yakutat) and it was back to work Monday morning. What a whirl-wind weekend but what's new??

No comments: