Sunday, January 27, 2008

Zach's 4th Birthday!




Last weekend we celebrated Zachary's (Lauren's nephew) fourth birthday. Since Chris and Michelle had been cooking Italian food all day Saturday for a church event I, Lauren, decided to make Zach's cake. It was probably a good idea since he wanted a train cake for the third year in a row and Michelle was running out of ideas of how to decorate it. On Saturday morning I made the cake and then left it out while I went to a movie with my friend Kathryn. She came back with me afterwards and helped decorate. It was Kathryns first time decorating a cake, so she was a bit nervous, but she did a great job. We had a really fun time despite the fact that our frosting was a bit runny and we were out of powder sugar. In the end we were quite pleased with our M&M cargo train and had a great time making it!





Most importantly, Zach loved the cake. He was excited to eat "himself" that was made out of a macedamian nut. " It tastes like butter" was his response. After cake Zach and Ethan pulled ribbons from the train pinata to get treats and Spiderman paper slingers. Zach and Ethan got the Spider man thing down real quick and were quite dangerous to be around. Zach then opened presents; a Hot Wheels track with dragon from Mom and Dad, a Backyardigans (Zach's favorite t.v. show) fleece blanket from Mark and me, Chutes and Latters from Marjore, and a Thomas Aquadoodle from Grandpa and Grandma. He was quite excited and it was a great time had by all!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Lauren, the cake looks great! I'm glad Zach liked it! Thanks for letting me help. I'm so excited that I know how to decorate cakes now! Thanks for visiting me while I was sick too! You're awesome!

Kaneischa Johnson said...

Once I saw that cake I KNEW it had to be your handiwork! You are so awesome...miss and love you!!