![]() |
| Make your own slide shows and scrapbooks |
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Seldovia Trip
When we got home to Alaska after our crazy roadtrip we decided to fly out to Seldovia with our Dad, Bill Hamm, for a few relaxing days at the family cabin in. Bill owns a small plane and flew us out there.An hour 15 minute flight is much better than a 4 hour drive and then a $100 flight. We thought it would be a few days to relax, but we were pleasantly wrong. We kept ourselves extremely busy and had a blast. First, I was able to catch an octopus. This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Look at the pictures in the slideshow to see the process. Then we went digging for butter clams, and this was all before breakfast! One day we went fishing at a nearby creek and had fun catching a Dolly Vardin . We saw several black bears in the process! After hiking for about 2 1/2 miles, it was time to head back to the boat. We were exhausted but found the boat beached at least 100 yards up from the water and had to walk. We made it the 4 1/2 miles back to the cabin in our fishing waiters just as it got dark. We were tired to say the least. Mark asked me as we were walking if I knew what I was getting into when I married him, and I just laughed and said " of course I knew there would be many days exactly like this one!" That night Mark and Bill kyaked up the bay to retrieve the boat. They left about midnight and were paddling by moonlight. Talk about a full day! Despite very little down time we had such a wonderful trip. The weather was gorgeous and the company was the best you could ask for. We only wished more of the family could have joined us on our adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment